Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Judging Question??

The new Chief Judge is Carl Olsen, I believe most of us know him very well. Try contacting him at his shop - contact info at www.carlscyclesupply.com.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

I have said enough and stuck my neck out far enough about this matter in the last few weeksand i'm not contacting anyone. It is now time to see just who is paying attention and see if anything is done about this problem. It would be nice if a few other people who cared about this club also took the time to rattle a few cages and not just me. Barry Brown was the smart one here and don't feel sorry for him. He will do just fine. He had enough of toxic people and was smart enough and had enough common sense to just to wash his hands of the situation. He knows that you will never get anywhere arguing with ignorant thick headed people. Me, like an idiot I always feel the need to fight with these guys who have nothing better to do than bash their fellow club members. I am to the point where I am also about to leave. And when I do I will leave this club and not just this website. After 25 years I do not see much of a reason to stay in this organization. if i want to go to Oley or Rhinebeck I will do so on Friday as a spectator and nothing more than that. Lately in the last few years this club has taken a few turns that I do not understand and no longer want any part of. 46EL

wouldn't be quicker just to say you don't like chris.

I am a blunt and to the point person. Short and to the subject at hand. If you take that as bashing I can't help it. I also help with information whenever I can. I show pictures (as one is worth a thousand words). I freely E mail pictures to folks who need help or ask for a picture of a certain model or part. Helping I what I try to do. If I point out things I see wrong with a machine it is not bashing. Simply point out what is wrong. The member that quit this forum did so on his own. I was blunt and to the point about my feelings about him trying to profiteer by gouging the members of this forum. Asking a fortune for a COPY, not from the original negative, of a photo is just plain wrong.
    PS I did not assign the title of Author to my avatar at CAIMAG. Buzz Walneck did. I had listed myself as Curmudgeon.
    Don't worry about my feelings as I have very thick shin.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Chris, I think 46EL was talking about someone else. I think you do help a lot of people and the fact that you share your incredible photo collection with everyone is proof of that. Besides, how could anyone ever say a sweetheart like you could be ornery.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Keep doing what you have been doing Chris. I like it when you point things out. You are very helpful.

Helping someone who ASKS for help is one thing and there is nothing wrong with that. My analogy on the other thread about electric fences and the tire on the tri-axle dumptruck seem to really hit home here in my opinion. I feel a few people are undermining the positive things being done here to promote the survival of the Antique Motorcycle and it make me physically sick. I also feel the need to stay away from those very very few toxic people who roam these threads who just don't get it and never will. My first Antique Bike was a 47 Chief I bought 35 years ago. I had hoped to eventually leave one of my Antique Motorcycles to my now 5 year old grandson. The way I feel now it would not bother me if the words "Antique Harley-Davidson" never come out of his mouth. I will eventually sell the bike and put the money in a College Fund and hope he becomes sucessful at whatever he chooses in life. Respectfully, 46EL

46EL, You sound like you are a little burned out. I suggest you prep your favorite old motorcycle for a nice long ride and keep filling the gas tank until you get happy.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046