Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Ciccalone

My son Jared and I got the grand tour from Steve one day on our visit to kent's great guy great stories amazing collection...he will be missed by many...my prayers to his family and friends
    Ron and Jared Roberts

hey steve i will leave ya a yuengling at the front gate at jefferson as i always do ,,will miss you brother! jon szalay

Just found this online about our friend Steve. http://www.cgaalumni.org/s/1043/inde...id=1&pgid=1150

Ed

Ed. Thanks for posting. Really a modern day hero as someone else noted earlier and more importantly a true great guy.

My Condolences to his Family and Friends.

I hope I have this right.

His screen name was "Chicagohen", so being new and looking for other club members near me and not knowing anything about Henderson's I sent him a private message asking him if he was from the Chicago area because of his screen name.

Steve's response, "Most of and my favorite bikes are 1922 to 1930 Hendersons".

Rest in peace.
    AMCA #10930

In yesterdays newspaper "The Hartford Courant" there was a very nice obituary on Steve and his life. If someone did a google search for it and knew how to cut and paste a link here it would be nice for everyone to see and it would be appreciated. ?? Thanks, 46el

CICCALONE, Stephen Thomas
    Stephen Thomas Ciccalone of Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire died at his home Friday, (September 16). Steve was born in Hartford on June 11, 1952, the son of Joseph and Agnes (Kristof) Ciccalone. Steve was a graduate of East Catholic High School class of 1970 (Manchester, CT) and the United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) class of 1975. At the Academy, Steve majored in History and had a successful athletic career as a member of the football and wrestling teams, ultimately inducted into the USCGA Athletic Hall of Fame in the Fall of 2009. Steve went on to serve as an officer in the United States Coast Guard for 22 years as a marine inspector, including a deployment during first Gulf War. He retired at the rank of Commander in July of 1997 due to being diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Originally given a prognosis of 5 years, he then went on to live the next 14 years pursuing a second career as the Designated Person for Norwegian Cruise Lines and as a private marine survey consultant. His love of history and all things mechanical led him to his life-long hobby, collecting antique cars and motorcycles. He was an active member of the Chesapeake and Yankee Chapters of the Antique Motorcycle Club of America and the Model "A" Ford Club of America throughout his adult life. Steve was widely regarded in these communities as having significantly contributed to the body of knowledge regarding accurate restoration. An animal lover, he also volunteered time for the Lab Rescue Club of the LRCP while stationed in Washington D.C.. He would foster Labrador retrievers of all sizes, ages, and health conditions, often permanently adopting dogs for which homes could not be found. A devoted son, father, and friend, Steve is survived by his parents, Joseph and Agnes, of Walpole, NH; his son David of Middletown, RI, his son Stephen, daughter-in-law Anne; and grandson Sean of Glastonbury; his long-time companion, Anne-Marie Haraldsen of Barrington, RI; his aunt Ann Salonia of Westbrook; and several cousins and countless friends across the United States.
    Services are Wednesday, with a morning Mass at the St. Catherine Church in Charlestown, N.H. at 11 a.m. followed by a burial in the St. Peter's Cemetery in Walpole N.H. Fenton and Hennessey Funeral
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Make Plans to Attend the 10th Annual Southern National Meet May, 2019
    Denton FarmPark, Denton, NC

http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/index.htm

Thank You Louie. John P.

Default good guy always was fun to be with

Im sorry to hear about the passing of Steve. Only great memories even when we were out there trying to get the same part or bike.
    I will miss you Steve in was my pleasure knowing you
    Have good ride!
    Larry

Fiends,
    The Chesapeake Chapter would like you to join us for a celebration of Steve Ciccalone with pictures and stories in the WHITEROSE clubhouse at 7PM Friday
    Sept. 30th.

Thomas Finn
    Secretary, Chesapeake Chapter