Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Cannonball 2012 Update?

Default Motorcycle Cannonball 2012 Update?

Lonnie, any official word yet on your plans for a possible Motorcycle Cannonball next year?

Lots of interest, but it will drain away of everyone is left in the dark too long.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

well i'm going to relaunch the website and announce the 2012 event on sept. 9th. all bikes made prior to 1930 can enter. it will be coast to coast starting in new york. taking in the museums in newburg ,milwaukee and anamosa. the western part of the route is still up in the air, but i'd like to end it in san francisco. there's alot of interesting route options out west going towards the coast. most of the northern ones look the best. currently i have 21 riders signed up, only 7 of them are returning cannonballers. 4 riders are from europe. mostly AMCA members {thanks bill wood}. about half of those signed up are on JD's. mark hill's wolf pack up north has been churning out KJ's for almost a year now in anticipation of 2012. he has 6 in the running so far . rumor has it slojo will return on the ghost. i anticipate about 40 riders. it'll probably be alot more riding and alot less promotional stops and fanfare. if anyone is interested, let me know.

Right on Lonnie!, the excitement and anticipation begins.

Quote Originally Posted by jurassic View Post
    well i'm going to relaunch the website and announce the 2012 event on sept. 9th. all bikes made prior to 1930 can enter. it will be coast to coast starting in new york. taking in the museums in newburg ,milwaukee and anamosa. the western part of the route is still up in the air, but i'd like to end it in san francisco. there's alot of interesting route options out west going towards the coast. most of the northern ones look the best. currently i have 21 riders signed up, only 7 of them are returning cannonballers. 4 riders are from europe. mostly AMCA members {thanks bill wood}. about half of those signed up are on JD's. mark hill's wolf pack up north has been churning out KJ's for almost a year now in anticipation of 2012. he has 6 in the running so far . rumor has it slojo will return on the ghost. i anticipate about 40 riders. it'll probably be alot more riding and alot less promotional stops and fanfare. if anyone is interested, let me know.
    Good news. Please keep us up to date as you finalize details.
    Buzz Kanter

Default The Schwinns are coming

I started a year ago. I came back from the first one stoked. Glad to hear seven of the original C-ballers are coming back. I ran into Buzz at Wheels Though Time a few weeks ago, he was headed to mountain fest to campaign a hot rod JD. I heard Gentleman Jim Petty was there also. Old motorcycles actually being used. This is what you have done Lonnie, fairgrounds in the rearview mirror where they belong. I cannot wait for 2012. Lonnie, I may have an ACE up my sleeve. Best of luck for all.

4th Coast
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 4thcoast View Post
    I started a year ago. I came back from the first one stoked. Glad to hear seven of the original C-ballers are coming back. I ran into Buzz at Wheels Though Time a few weeks ago, he was headed to mountain fest to campaign a hot rod JD. I heard Gentleman Jim Petty was there also. Old motorcycles actually being used. This is what you have done Lonnie, fairgrounds in the rearview mirror where they belong. I cannot wait for 2012. Lonnie, I may have an ACE up my sleeve. Best of luck for all.

4th Coast
    Mark
    Hi Mark. The plan was to race Selma, my 1915 Harley in one class and the '26 J in a handshift class in the MOuntainfest Vintage Grand Prix. Troubles there with the brakes on the '26 took it out of running, but Selma ran strong and fast and beat the teo 1915 Indians in my class. Lots of fun on these old machines.
    Buzz Kanter

vils and i were talking about running up the anamosa hillclimb for extra points. wonder how the hendersons and jd's would match up.

Quote Originally Posted by jurassic View Post
    vils and i were talking about running up the anamosa hillclimb for extra points. wonder how the hendersons and jd's would match up.
    The JDs might be OK, not sure abotu those long and sexy in line four cylinder Hendersons would fare.
    Buzz Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
    The JDs might be OK, not sure abotu those long and sexy in line four cylinder Hendersons would fare.

I don't know Buzz.... It appears as though the Hendersons should be able to hold their own. Here's Wells Bennett climbing Mt. Hood in 1924 and he's on snow to boot!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Right on Cory, I have never seen that photo before - to cool!