Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1908 Curtiss 4 cylinder

I have seen Jim Lattin's up close - its awesome. I think totally made up - not original - but its awesome, really well done.

supposedly the correct bike is in the national museum the motor is not the original.this comes from the iowa museum ownerwho purchased copies of my original postcard at davenport because it shows the correct as raced carbs.most postcards show different carbs and were made later in hammondsport.the iowa motor has the wrong carbs

I have been to the Curtiss Museum many times and the Smithsonian, the one in the Smithsonian is the famous bike we all know, It was donated to the Smithsonian, I think the last time I saw it it was in the new Air & Space museum display at Dules airport, why at the Air & Space, because it was a Aeroplane engine, the one at the Curtiss Museum is a reproduction, it was built with a Aeroplane engine, the V-8 in the bike was used in many Curtiss Aeroplanes, so they had a engine and reproduced the rest many years ago
    Tim

wonder how true to form the rake/trail is on this thing.

why is this thread 1908 4cyl? it was built in '06 ran in jan. '07 V-8 not 4

Please read start of thread, it is of a 4 cylinder dirigible engine by Curtiss I thought might be of visual interest to like minded early 4 cylinder owners. I think my pictures show a 4 clyinder, the thread just changed as it went along as they all seem to do. Bob