Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: judging frustration

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

All you would have to do is add "Documented" to the award. Game over. Probably add $2.00 to the award, if that, and get priceless informaton. But then you get into a whole situation with the "Club" not wanting you to advertise your bike, if ever for sale, having AMCA recognition to add "Value" to the bike. So, where do you go from here???? Can't have one without the other can you???? Be careful what you wish for and sign for.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 04-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
    All you would have to do is add "Documented" to the award. Game over. Probably add $2.00 to the award, if that, and get priceless informaton. But then you get into a whole situation with the "Club" not wanting you to advertise your bike, if ever for sale, having AMCA recognition to add "Value" to the bike. So, where do you go from here???? Can't have one without the other can you???? Be careful what you wish for and sign for.
    Good point, D.A.Bagin!

Is an AMCA award "legitimate"?

Or purely honorary?

If a little old lady from Tiskilwa rear ends you, and you must prove the value of the damage,
    must an AMCA documentation be forfeit?
    Or might it be your best insurance?

Any and all Members' Historical machines should be rostered.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post

Is an AMCA award "legitimate"?

Or might it be your best insurance?

Any and all Members' Historical machines should be rostered.

....Cotten
    what if the amca document says " you have the wrong brake light."

But Rob!

Your machine's profile will clearly show that it indeed had a tail light.
    The "wrong" tail light upon a vintage machine might often be better!

If States begin requiring more than just a "tail light', then the AMCA should begin to vigilantly focus its energies upon our rights to ride our machines.

If the Judging Program cannot be legitimate, it is frivolous.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    AMCA #776

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fred View Post
    I have been a huge & constant advocate for on-line support at the Judging Field. It all started when an entrant (and Judge) backed up his machine with all the factory literature & data to prove his bike correct. He brought his own laptop, and proved some controversial items that got mistakingly dinged on the field.
    RF.
    If a data base of Winner Circle Bikes was available, would that information be acceptable proof of correctness or would factory literature & data be required as proof of correctness of items in question in judging. What would be the ruling if the owner said "I did it just like the Winner Circle Documented Bike was done?" With the advancement of knowledge, 3 years down the road a Winner Circle Bike might have new discrepancies surface.
    Last edited by TimR; 04-13-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: add words

I know of a winners circle bike that has a really bad number job on it. It is a 2nd design VL that carries an extremely early 1st design number on it. Just one example of not all winners circle bikes are correct.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

The Judging process is a joke. I went from a 96 point bike to the low 80's, and everything, I mean EVERYTHING they took off was incorrect. Mine was ordered from the factory as a "Chrome Plate Special" but I got points taken off because of the chrome. Of course the judging is Sunday late morning, we all were locked out of the building at Wauseon during the judging process that year, and by the time I looked over the sheet, everyone left, and nobody was around to get corrections made. Am I Bitter, you bet!

TomClay!

If you want a trophy, and I mean really want a trophy, you have to play the game by somebody elses' rules.

History be damned, of course.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776

Quote Originally Posted by tomclay View Post
    The Judging process is a joke. I went from a 96 point bike to the low 80's, and everything, I mean EVERYTHING they took off was incorrect. Mine was ordered from the factory as a "Chrome Plate Special" but I got points taken off because of the chrome. Of course the judging is Sunday late morning, we all were locked out of the building at Wauseon during the judging process that year, and by the time I looked over the sheet, everyone left, and nobody was around to get corrections made. Am I Bitter, you bet!
    So, right away you got in touch with the Chief Judge and voiced your complaints, with your documentation, as stated in the Judging Handbook, right? The Chief Judge can overrule anything the Field Judges mark down. And in a perfect world, he would then contact the members of that judging team and improve the quality of judging in the next go-round. Provisions are all there, after 40+ years, for every contingency. No joke.

[QUOTE=tomclay;132420] Mine was ordered from the factory as a "Chrome Plate Special" but I got points taken off because of the chrome. QUOTE]

What is your documentation that your machine was a "chrome plate special"?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/