Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ??? Heathers Leather - Clover SC

Quote Originally Posted by Sargehere View Post
    ...., and if Heather's has a reputation, it's for inconsistency, with results ranging all the way from outstanding to terrible!...
    Your personal experience, or just your hearsay?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I just purchased a couple of items from Wayne last week. So far I have received one of the two items very quickly. We will see what this next week brings. With regard to Jethro Smith I too have had excellent results from his workmanship. I had him recover a Chummee seat and he did an outstanding job. He was meticulous to research the correct look for the shape, seams, and fringe. This is the most expensive seat I will sit upon, however he did the seat quickly and in a very professional manner.
    I will try to see if I have any pics to put up soon.

At the risk of rekindling what appeared to be a firestorm back in 2012, I'm curious if anyone has had any dealings with Heathers Leathers recently? I was about to place an order for a set of Locktites for my '47 EL and thought I'd read some reviews and check here. Bottom line is there appears to be more positive than negative comments on the web. And you never know the true motivation for any negative comments. Could be driven purely by a preconceived expectation that was not voiced and then not met.

So, regarding saddlebags specifically, any recent dealings with HL and any comments on your satisfaction?

I reached out to Michael Paquette, but he has not responded. We had an unfortunate business deal that was probably neither party's fault, but because of poor communication and a shipping issue, turned out bad for both of us. So, he might still be not happy with me for the position I took during that incident, which was about 11 years ago. I know he does great work. He did my buddy seat. I'm willing to give him another chance since he did make good.

The Saddle Shop will not do Locktites any longer. Dave Weinberg at Osprey also stopped making them and in Sept of this year, stopped making saddlebags completely. I see V-Twin makes them, but they are not accurate.

Any other recommended vendors for accurately reproduced Locktites? Anyone ever buy a set from that guy in Luxembourg that sells on ebay? I don't normally have a lot of faith in ebay vendors, especially when they are overseas. But the guy could be legit.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob Sigond
    AMCA # 1811

I've dealt with him (Heathers Leathers) many times and it is always a circus but I have always been happy with his work. He sometimes is slow and once lost my seat for a year but...

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeoil View Post
    At the risk of rekindling what appeared to be a firestorm back in 2012, I'm curious if anyone has had any dealings with Heathers Leathers recently? I was about to place an order for a set of Locktites for my '47 EL and thought I'd read some reviews and check here. Bottom line is there appears to be more positive than negative comments on the web. And you never know the true motivation for any negative comments. Could be driven purely by a preconceived expectation that was not voiced and then not met.

So, regarding saddlebags specifically, any recent dealings with HL and any comments on your satisfaction?

I reached out to Michael Paquette, but he has not responded. We had an unfortunate business deal that was probably neither party's fault, but because of poor communication and a shipping issue, turned out bad for both of us. So, he might still be not happy with me for the position I took during that incident, which was about 11 years ago. I know he does great work. He did my buddy seat. I'm willing to give him another chance since he did make good.

The Saddle Shop will not do Locktites any longer. Dave Weinberg at Osprey also stopped making them and in Sept of this year, stopped making saddlebags completely. I see V-Twin makes them, but they are not accurate.

Any other recommended vendors for accurately reproduced Locktites? Anyone ever buy a set from that guy in Luxembourg that sells on ebay? I don't normally have a lot of faith in ebay vendors, especially when they are overseas. But the guy could be legit.

Thanks,
    Rob

Thanks for the input, Jerry. I've learned over the years that the vintage motorcycle world seems to draw some real characters. So, you never know what you are getting into. Glad to hear that you were always happy with the end result. I waited way too long for an engine to be rebuilt, but the wait was worth it now that I have it back and the bike running.

Regards,
    Rob
    Rob Sigond
    AMCA # 1811

I delivered 2 painted XA pans and 1 WLC pan to Heather's Leathers at Davenport this year and received the finished saddles this week. They are absolutely perfect and the price was by far the best of the quotes I had received. Wayne will be doing all my saddles.
    Tom