At Jefferson, in my dirty little hand, I held a right case for a Chief. It looked like a early 48 case, machined for scraper, BUT.
1. It came with a 1952 Chief
2. It had a case matching number on the coil/mag boss, #141
3. It had mag bushings, couldn't tell if they were ever used.
4. the biggie, it was machined at the Factory for the 80 rod clearance, ends and center of case.
5. While machining the case for the scraper plate, left slightly visible, were the remains of the pipe threads used in ALL the later cases. In other words, at one time, it had only the pipe threaded hole.
About 15 years ago a guy from Jersey here, Rick S, who only had 80's, had a set of cases with the sump cut out like this. Jim Sutter, Indian Motorcycle Supply, brought some documentation that all New York Police MC's had the scraper. Rick then sold the cases to somebody else.
My question is, does anyone else have a set like this? And does anyone have that documentation?
Seems that a fellow member got dis-qualified from judging for it and I THINK, they may be the correct cases.
Bob Courboin, Beard Machine