Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anzani

Default anzani

anybody have anzani info? something other then google search. i'm looking at an anzani over head valve 350cc i'd like to get an idea of year and if it's french or brit. photos will be hard to get. owner is not to camara friendly.

I recall a bitmap image of a 1923 Temple-Anzani racer on the Jockey Journal forum.
    Pretty interesting bike, set-up for flat track, I belive.
    http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ghlight=anzani

Stephen Wright's book American Racer has a picture of 3 cylinder racer with Frenchman George Renel in L.A. Cal. Amazing machine ! See page 40

Steve

There was a Zanzani - which was the MotoBi factory tuner who produced some very sussessful roadracers.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Anzani was an Italian engineer who's first products were made in France, later in England. His company built proprietary engines for various applications. There was no "Anzani" brand of motorcycle , only a variety of makers using Anzani products, like the Temple-Anzani of Brooklands fame. OEC used some of those engines in their extensive line. Look for British-Anzani as the firm came to be known!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

i know he also made the first motor to fly across the English channel. it was placed on Louis Bleriot's plane. i hoping someone would point me in the direction of more photos other then the basic web stuff. i bought an anzani ohv.singel sight unseen (well i saw photos of the one i bought) the motor is in transit now. i also had a glimpse of a frame and a tank that looked like they match. On the tank may have been humber anzani (really faint through the rust and crude) i can't get the frame or tank.I'm still trying. owner claims they don't match. why should i argue with someone who had this stuff for 50 years. right.

found a photo

got the motor today

Barry Brown Guest

Wow, That is one nice looking unit. Kinda neat to see the Anzani script on the magneto in 2 places. Did they make their own mag too? What make is the carb? Binks? Amac?