Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Judging clarifications

Sarge,

I wish you could judge as well as you can type. You are so far from reality, you must have been watching Harry Potter. You are not in touch with the judging system, not having judging hardly at all in the last 10 years. You have a lot of good points. When you said marque experts leading the judging teams, that's the way it was and that's the way it should be. But, THAT'S NOT THE WAY IT IS NOW. Most of the marque experts are not judging because they don't want to be a part of this mickey mouse regime. I take it you weren't at Rhinebeck watching the judging. The number of judges and motorcycles in the judging is a DRASTIC change, approximately half or less from previous years at most meets. Like I said earlier most of the knowledgable judges and marque experts are not judging out of protest, they're very upset. Get your facts straight, and come back into reality. A lot of what I read on your posts are NOT true facts, they're your opinions. You've been out of touch in the judging world, so it's hard for you to comprehend all that is going on.

Robin

Robin does have a point, we found it very disappointing when an hour into the judging an announcement was made over the loudspeakers that they were in need of anyone who had knowledge of British bikes as they did not have any judges with experience with these machines. While not a direct quote the wording was very similar. That's just sad. And when we heard the one team leader, whom was instructing two other apprentice judges, that this was their first time judging as well. Again disappointing. I wish folks would get over all the politics. What's done is done, nothing we can do to change it. So if the knowledgeable people won't participate because of politics, we really do need that disclaimer to point out the fact that your score reflects the opinion of a team of judges that may know very little about the machine in question.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-M View Post
    Sarge, ...Like I said earlier most of the knowledgable judges and marque experts are not judging out of protest, they're very upset. Get your facts straight, and come back into reality. A lot of what I read on your posts are NOT true facts, they're your opinions... Robin
    And that's only your wishful thinking, Robin. The judging system is undergoing a transition, from what was to what is. As I have stated, I do feel for you. It is regrettable, what the BoD ended up doing to you in thanks for your many years of dedication to the club, but the best thing you could have done in the aftermath was to dedicate yourself to help pick up the pieces and devoting yourself to helping see the club through this period. People would have seen maturity in you, and true dedication to the welfare of everyone in the AMCA, over personal pettiness and venom, and you'd have won well-deserved rounds of accolades from all.
    Instead, all I've read or heard that you've expressed publicly is opposition; sour grapes, and near-daily whining about how you were treated, while dissing the results and insulting anyone of a differing opinion. We already know all that.
    I know my estimation of your character and qualifications for office has dropped like a rock, from the days you and I did the Post-Antique Indians and the Harleys at Davenport and Wauseon almost single-handedly, and I'm far from the only one, Robin. You don't think anyone noticed? Your public responses to all of this so far has most resembled that of a four year old unfairly denied his dessert. And on, and on.
    The damage is probably done, now, five months later, but the best thing you could probably do for yourself would be to quit being your own worst enemy, and recognize that the worm has turned, a new day has dawned, and the only division is between those who face reality and those who are stuck in the past griping about what didn't happen. There are no time machines, Robin. My advice to you is to learn to deal with this new judging regimen graciously, figure out how you can make positive contributions for the welfare of all who care about the Antique Motorcycle Club of America, or get out of the way. Time marches on.

Its all so clear now.

The end of an era.

Google search shall soon be the only trustworthy authority.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by bmh View Post
    Robin does have a point, we found it very disappointing when an hour into the judging an announcement was made over the loudspeakers that they were in need of anyone who had knowledge of British bikes as they did not have any judges with experience with these machines. While not a direct quote the wording was very similar. That's just sad. And when we heard the one team leader, whom was instructing two other apprentice judges, that this was their first time judging as well. Again disappointing. I wish folks would get over all the politics. What's done is done, nothing we can do to change it. So if the knowledgeable people won't participate because of politics, we really do need that disclaimer to point out the fact that your score reflects the opinion of a team of judges that may know very little about the machine in question.
    There's nothing new about this problem. I had those experience with my '17 and '19 Hendersons and my '16 Excelsior. No matter how big the meet is, you will not always have marque experts for the unusual bikes.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Its all so clear now.

The end of an era.

Google search shall soon be the only trustworthy authority.

....Cotten
    If you're talking about the era of bitching and moaning, crying and whining; then good riddance.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Sarge, that's your opinion. And I'm sure there are a FEW others with the same opinion. That's NOT the opinion of the hundreds of members and judges that have approached me on this subject. As I stated before, I'm involved in the AMCA all the time, not just sitting behind a keyboard. When you put as much time into the AMCA as I did and do then you can criticize me with meaningful comments. I still help and answer all questions on people's motorcycles that I'm a marque expert on. I have helped more people than you can imagine. I don't feel that I should stand by and let several unknowledgable apprentices ruin a perfectly good working judging system. Notice how the other people are even posting about the newbie judges that are judging now. Why weren't you judging at Rhinebeck? You seem to be good at throwing stones at me. I can back up my years of judging. ALL the years of judging at almost every meet up until Eustis of this year.

The hundreds of people that I've spoke with don't consider my facts about what happened as sour grapes. They think that I was treated very unfairly to say the least. You seem to be getting your information from someone in the new judging regime, I guess that's why you don't have a very high opinion of me. Again that's your opinion and the opinion of few. As I stated earlier, I have not quit judging and I have not quit helping the membership. You forget, or maybe you never knew, I work on motorcycles every day, I'm on the phone with people every day, I'm on email with people every day and I share my motorcycle knowledge whenever I can.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    If you're talking about the era of bitching and moaning, crying and whining; then good riddance.
    So,
    You feel that we are better off with no valid judging system at all?

...Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    So,
    You feel that we are better off with no valid judging system at all?

...Cotten
    We do have a valid judging system that IS working because of the dedication of volunteers who believe in it.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric,

Really. That's why there's a handful of judges that are judging rather than the 40+ that we normally had before. I guess that's why they're announcing on the pa system that they need judges. I guess that's why there were people judging that haven't been certified and do not have a judging card. I guess that's why there was 50 bikes at Rhinebeck this year instead of over 100 like last year and 98 the previous year. Yep....I guess it's working fine.

Robin