Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toney Watson

Tony was a sincere man that helped me out of a tough personal situation by helping to broker a motorcycle I had. Had he not been able to do so my life would be much different today. I will will always be in debt for that helping hand. The last few years he had made a point to come out to the races after vending at Davenport, it was kind of like having an older brother droping in to say hi. Sure will miss him
    Jim Wall
    amca 3476

Toney was always willing to share his knowledge, a real asset to the antique motorcycle community. He will be missed by all who knew him. RIP

My oldest memories of the AMCA were of Toney. Always a smile and a handshake. The meets just got a little more empty.

this is toneys brother i dont believe i am riding down to florida after his birthday but i will miss him alot.
    Richard

Freckle Peters Dad,
    I know you will sweetie, my heart goes out for you. It sucks really bad. You just take care of your responsibilities at home.
    Your friend,
    Denise

Default Losing Toney

I still can't get over it. I've known Toney to be very professional, and down to the tiniest detail. Ever knowing on most things motorcycle, not just Indians & Hens, Toney guided me into the intricacies of doing bikes correctly, and eventually into the world of Judging them. To me, a Road Run wasn't a Road Run, unless I was up there in the front of the pack, being led by Toney. Often I can reflect on how diligent he was on the proper, and correct part, or the best for an application during a build, or road-side fix, only to thank him upon being able to enjoy the results.
    If we ever need guidance on how to set up a reliable bike, or don the proper riding gear, Toney was the one to look to. A real professional.
    Thanks for everything Toney.
    RF.

Fred, I know what you're talking about. Today, I'm working on the carb for my '40 Chief and it was with Toney's help and guidance that I was able to piece the right stuff together to make a compete DLX130. He's all over the place in my shop and I'm just one of many, many people whose life he influenced. Toney Watson has left a very long shadow on this earth.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Totally totally sucks, what a huge loss. Toney and I spent countless hours going over crap for my 37 and 46 chiefs, all unrestored crap where Tony would search for nuts and bolts and other larger items in his garage and elsewhere. He always sold me stuff at very fair prices and often we would still trade stuff. I can't tell you how genuinely happy he was to find me some real rare stuff- not because of the peanuts he would sell them to me for, but just because he was just happy to make someone else happy, a rarity today. We were working on scoring a 39 four that Toney was chasing with me from an old timer; unfortunately we will not now have the time to get that deal done together. Toney's knowledge and passion in many respects is unparalleled in our club. He also had a very mature approach to our sport despite leaving us so young. He used to tell me yeah Anthony I used to be into all this judging stuff, and I judged for awhile but now I just like to ride and help people out. He certainly put on the miles and helped many club members. I never heard anyone say anything but great things about Toney. I know he was trying to finally get a knuckle again and him and I spoke about selling him one of mine but there again we never quite finished that subject. All the best to Toney's family and Rocky. I will miss him dearly-RIP Good friend and I look forward to seeing you again, Anthony Rutledge