Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Cyclone production numbers

I would love see a few pictures of your model building RichO. That's got to be a lot harder than building a real motorcycle.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric, When I finish it I will try to post a few photos of it and other one's I've completed. I use a flip phone and have no scanner so we'll see what I can work out. I will also add that I seen and photographed (one of the photos I included in my total) an H-D framed motor at Davenport many years ago. I forgot who owned it but he ran it around the track with the other early machines.
    DrSprocket

I'll look forward to seeing your work, Rich. I know that modeling is an addictive hobby that can consume a lot of time; so adding that hobby to motorcycling, and just getting through life has got to be tough.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Howdy Eric,

Here you go, taken at the Cherokee Road Run a few years back. Hope Rich doesn’t mind his smiling mug displayed on a public forum but this has been in the internet domain for several years at my Road Run sites so what the heck.

That is stunning, Rich, beautiful work. Modeling has always fascinated me. Here in Sarasota we have the Ringling fine art museum, but also on the grounds is the Ringling Circus museum. They have a massive diorama that is always being added to by model builders. I've spent hours just looking at the detail, and devotion to the modeler's art.

Thanks for posting those pictures, Peter.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric, just so you know. All I use is a 41/2" grinder w/cut off wheel, small die grinder, small hand engraver, small drill press, and hand files, and a big gas torch with a small tip. It's mostly to see if I can. The math conversion is the killer. Small photos to 1/6 scale. Oh my!
    DrSprocket

I had no idea Richard, that is outstanding - very impressive !

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Quote Originally Posted by RichO View Post
    Eric, just so you know. All I use is a 41/2" grinder w/cut off wheel, small die grinder, small hand engraver, small drill press, and hand files, and a big gas torch with a small tip. It's mostly to see if I can. The math conversion is the killer. Small photos to 1/6 scale. Oh my!
    Rich,

Let alone you being able to do this with ANY type of tools and machining, to do it with only the above listed items is beyond amazing, it's inhuman.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh