Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: George's list.

His name should be BUM RAPP !!!!

I think anyone who falls for this kind of crap is a dumb ass and I don't feel bad for them losing thier money.

Default get a reference

Quote Originally Posted by t-jacobs View Post
    I think anyone who falls for this kind of crap is a dumb ass and I don't feel bad for them losing thier money.
    most of the crap is evident of being fake.usually refers to "your item". but I got a response to my want ad re a Hedstrom frame. the response was personal and specific to my ad. at first I thought it was legit. But I found the picture was taken off ebay.
    point is these guys are getting more sophisticted and we need to be doubly sure of who we are dealing with. I want references and a location so it can be checked out.

Robert ,i had some c-ck try this with me ,i had his name and address phone number,he did not have the bike he was trying to sell ,i google the nearest police station to his address and spoke to an officer who had actually put him in the can ,so he and his sargent where to pay him a visit ,that address that guy sent you is bullshit ,more like the UK we do not have a town here by the name of Kent?? cheers Rob.

Recently I posted an ad on the AMCA wanted section looking for a 32-34 Chief rear fender. I got 3 different emails from England and all of them had the fender I needed. I was to send the money by Western Union. They could not send me pictures because they were having problems with their computer. One guy was persistent and sent 3 emails. I have the addresses they left me. I told them they were crooks and gave them a piece of my mind. I probably should have just deleted their emails at the beginning. Live and learn. Tom

i got one the other day too - claims to have all the missing parts I need for the excelsior all for 250 british pounds. not individual prices just for the lot. got address and telephone number and the name chris mathews operating as chris mathews spares. same line I can send you an email but my server will not let me send pics

he has not emailed back yet and id probably say not

aka HAWG
    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
    1940 indian chief military
    1965 sportster xlch
    1969 sportster xlch bobber
    1971 bsa A65 chopper
    1969 harley ss350 sprint
    1960 harley topper
    1963 harley topper
    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
    1959 harley model 165
    1960 harley super 10
    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Durka Durka Mohammad Jihad! I am an displaced leader of a most honorable tribe of antique motorcyclistas in Nigeria. I am very much wanting to buy your bike for ten times its value if you sending me a transfer fee. Boobouyaboobouya!

motiv nigerian.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

Wow Tom... that b.s. came from an ad on the forum eh? You too HAWG? I've avoided online ads for the last while just so I didn't have to put up with scammers. I guess this is a prime example for doing so. I haven't been in the parts gathering game for a little bit but what I have managed to drag home came from friends or were close enough that I could go to the sellers house in person.

Holy crap Sirhr.... you could masquerade as a Nigerian scammer with ease!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Chris Mathews is a known restorer out of North Jersey. Wonder if they picked his name out online somewhere to give it credibility??
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
    Chris Mathews is a known restorer out of North Jersey. Wonder if they picked his name out online somewhere to give it credibility??
    I know of chris , I met him at oley a few years ago.it is possible they picked a known restorer. email he uses is chrismathewspares@gmail - someone should contact chris to let him in on this, I dont know how to contace

aka HAWG
    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
    1940 indian chief military
    1965 sportster xlch
    1969 sportster xlch bobber
    1971 bsa A65 chopper
    1969 harley ss350 sprint
    1960 harley topper
    1963 harley topper
    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle