Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Dealers web sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Jack Balwin Motorcycles was on Pico Blvd in Santa Monica. Ted Evans Motorcycles was on Washington Blvd in Culver City, Ca, although most people thought he was in Venice. Floyd Clymer Motorcycles was downtown Los Angeles. His dealership was purchased by Rich Budiler Harley-Davidson and was destroyed in a fire shortly after. The fire was presumed to be Jewish Lightning.
    Chris, thanks for the info, i have updated the spread sheet.
    Mike Dunn
    Vintage German Motorcycles
    www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
    Here's one that needs to be added to the list: Doby Reid's Bike Mart in Chickasaw, Tennessee.
    I have added it, thank you.

Mike
    Mike Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by tst View Post
    Tirks Indian in Poughkeepsie NY, Main St, he became a Indian Dealer after WW2,he was a HD Dealer up until then, after Indian Died he repaired motorcycles and became a bicycle dealer until he closed in the 60's
    Tim
    Thanks Tim, I have added it.
    Mike Dunn

The more info the better for me guys. I am willing to pay for the domain name and web space IF i can find a good cheap web guy or someone to donate their web experience to me so we can get the site going. I would like them to collorabrate with me on my idea of how the site will look. Nothing fancy, just some basics Indian logos, red in white in color and an online form that one can fill out and view the current info online. Currently I have 45 dealer names.

Mike
    Mike Dunn

Default Amsterdam N.Y.

lots of stuff like this on ebay with addresses http://cgi.ebay.com/1930-Indian-Moto...item4ce1fa4303

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Currently I have 45 dealer names.

Mike

Mike,

Just a thought here I haven't seen Vern Goodwin since 1997 at the USCA national sidecar rally in St Joe Mo.

He would be someone to talk and discuss about Indian dealers he maybe even have a list of names and also their address from days gone by.

May be worth a shot
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    I have already started a spread sheet and have around 30+ dealers. I will make a web site and have something where people can imput their shops they remember.

Mike
    Mike my point was this information should be here not on another site. This is the official site of the AMCA is it not? Isn't this the place you would expect to find this type of information. I'm not tring to beat anyone up here just trying to set things straight. Bob L

would this thread be better under parking lot chatter?

Got this from an old dealer's photo from 1914 or 15.

Cliff Howell Harley Davidson Motorcycles
    Birmingham, AL.
    David Morrill
    Sylacauga, AL. USA.
    AMCA #15284

Deadly Dave's Blog
    Sharing the Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if you drop it from a plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    Mike my point was this information should be here not on another site. This is the official site of the AMCA is it not? Isn't this the place you would expect to find this type of information. I'm not tring to beat anyone up here just trying to set things straight. Bob L
    Bob,

Well it was my idea and I was doing it for free out of my own pocket, I am going to pay for a free domain name and my donate my time and web space on my server to make a simple one page site. I wasnt looking for anything in return but more or less something for people to go to and say, i remember that place! So honestly I am not looking for a place to set it up at and than let them run it and maintain it. I was going too do it for me and something to keep me busy when i check my emails at night and look at a few things. So it is the official site of the AMCA, yes it is but I am not asking the AMCA for any help and I can pay for it myself.
    Not being rude Bob but i am not looking for their approval or anything here.

Mike
    Mike Dunn