Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indian Four Sprocket ?

Thumbs up Indian Four Sprocket Conclusion

Gentlemen;

Since I started this thread I felt I would thank you all for input and give you my results.

I finished my 440 in late November 08 and now have almost 1,500 miles logged on it. It's been a pretty cold Dec/Jan/Feb so I get it out whenever I can. I bought an 18 tooth front sprocket and love it. My rear sprocket is a 43 tooth, and I am running 16 inch rubber. The machine ran quite comfortably at 50ish on the 17 tooth and now lopes at 60-65 on the 18 tooth. I enjoy running all my vintage machines on back Hill Country roads north and west of Austin TX in 2nd and 3rd gear from 35-45 mph...but at times we need to run a stretch of highway to get to these great back country roads.

Special Thanks should be noted for Huggy Bear in Ventura CA for finding me two pieces of top fender trim to complete my resto.

You are right...there is nothing like running a Four down the road for an afternoon.

Sincerely;
    Steve Klein
    AMCA Member 12176
    Texas

May The Fours Be With You!!!
    CHIEFJ48
    MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY