Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167
Results 1,661 to 1,666 of 1666

Thread: old photos

Telegraph or telephone wires?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBob View Post
    Attachment 20831 Found this early photo at Davenport 2016, sorry for the glare.
    Great picture, Bob. Again, looks like a lot of Indians, M-Ms, and a few unknowns. Can you imagine what a 'cluster' drill that must have been to get all those bikes together in one place However, they were all close to being brand new, so they probably ran rather well. Still, playing the drums is probably easier than controlling some of those early pioneer motorcycles.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Default When Motorcycles Became Popular in Spokane, Washington

Hello again from Corvallis, Oregon. I have been gone for about 2-years; life keeps interfering with things, but I still believe in old motorcycles. Came across this piece in a historical magazine. When Motorcycles Became Popular in Spokane, Washington. enjoyMotorcycle_history_SpokaneWA_01.jpgMotorcycle_history_SpokaneWA_02.jpg
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Great pictures of Spokane motorcycles, Bill. The text has some inaccuracies though. I would guess the year of the Indian in the picture to be 1909. The bikes on the next page are Excelsiors, and a very nice picture of the not common Series 20 Excelsior on the right. I have to wonder where the author came up with Studebaker owning Reading-Standard motorcycles?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Great pics , I think the closest Studabaker ever came to having anything to do with motorcycles was when they took over Pierce Arrow Cars BUT by then the motorcycle business was long gone !!
    Happy Christmas to all and thanks for the great photo's , keep them coming . Hope you all have Great New Year too riding whatever , Ken
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Very cool!!!!!!!!
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!