Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1666

Thread: old photos

That is unbelievable. That maybe the only original one in the world. And great condition too. Dale Walksler and the Springfield museum have restored ones and my friends in Calgary sold an engine in the summer. I have a complete engine and trans serial number 52. I was told many years ago that 60 were produced. I wonder what the serial number is on the ebay one? It will have FWD plus 2 digits. ( stands for four wheel drive)
    Ross

That thing is so cool! Talk about a resto prodject. I wouldn't know were to begin if that baby was sitting in my facilty. I mean I'd drive five hours to find the snow to use it in. Bob L
    Last edited by Robert Luland; 12-11-2009 at 06:18 PM.

robert you buy that and i will make you the snow!

I'll echo Ross....that is incredible! I always thought it would be pretty cool to bomb through the snow on one of those big ol' toboggans! Thanks for digging that up Ken!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory, if I lived in Canada or the northern U.S. I would consider making a snow tobaggan as a winter project. It would be fun to copy one of the photos we've seen on this thread. Of course I'm assuming you have nothing better to do, have tons of money, old motors, and a complete machine shop at your disposal. . . . Just like I should make a jet ski out of that old Panhead motor I have. They would find your body in the spring thaw and mine would be lost at sea.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Smile sno machine

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Cory, if I lived in Canada or the northern U.S. I would consider making a snow tobaggan as a winter project. It would be fun to copy one of the photos we've seen on this thread. Of course I'm assuming you have nothing better to do, have tons of money, old motors, and a complete machine shop at your disposal. . . . Just like I should make a jet ski out of that old Panhead motor I have. They would find your body in the spring thaw and mine would be lost at sea.
    I do have a spare Scout motor I could probably put together for a project like that but I lack the rest of the necessary elements at this point...... If you do decide to build a jet ski do us a favor and stay close to shore when until you get the hang of it and all the bugs out!

I don't know.... I think this is getting a little cozy.....

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Default motorcycle tank

hey cory ,i picked this unit up a few winters ago.i've always wanted to build an american version of the kettenkrad.i've been studying the transmission drive ,and i think its possible to graft half a knuck onto the front of this rig.someday i'll find the time.

Can someone help me understand this picture?? Judging by the helmet style, the machine appears to be driven by a German soldier, and his passengers seem to be a couple American GIs, and a pair of British doughboys. I can't seem to come up with a circumstance in which this would've taken place!
    The photo appears to be authentic to the WW-II era, so what gives??