Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding cadmium plating

agubitz Guest

Default Question regarding cadmium plating

Hello,

just having some parts on the bench that should be cad plated originally. But unfortunatley cad plating is only available to aerospace industry or industry in general here in Germany as the process is environmentally damaging.

So the question is: Is it possible to have those parts dull chromed (which looks almost like cad plating) without getting a deduction at the judging ?

Thanks and best regards,
    Axel

kval Guest

Default cadmium plating

Axel
    the rule state "the finish must look like the factory finish.
    stainless spokes can be glass beaded to look like cad, stainless bolts and nuts can also be reworked to look correct. other parts should "look like" cad
    hope this helps
    Kevin

agubitz Guest

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the answer.

Cheers,
    Axel

Kozy Guest

Default Cad plating

How about a source for cad plating?

agubitz Guest

Default Re: Cad plating

Originally posted by Kozy
    How about a source for cad plating?
    Hi Kozy,

yes sure ! Where ?

Regards,
    Axel

Kozy Guest

Default Plating source

Sorry Axel. I was asking whether someone could recommend a source.

agubitz Guest

Default Re: Plating source

Originally posted by Kozy
    Sorry Axel. I was asking whether someone could recommend a source.
    OK, misunderstood you...

Anyway, good idea, maybe someone knows someone...

Cheers,
    Axel

Tommo Guest

It's a long way to send it but if you can find nothing better "Safe Air" at Blenhiem here in NZ will still do cad for the general public.
    They do an excellent job and if you are interested I will put you in contact with Graeme Andrews who is in charge of their plating division.
    As far as I'm aware they are the only company still doing cad plating in NZ.
    Hope this helps, Tommo

INLINE4NUT Guest

Tommo how far from cambridge is the cad plater?? For that matter how far are you from cambridge? I will be visiting there within the next 6monts if all goes well

Tommo Guest

Inline,
    Cambridge is about 5 hours drive north of me, about 250 miles but our No 1 highway is nothing like an interstate so it takes a lot longer to get from A to B over here when compared to the USA.
    Safe Air is at the top of the South island about 2 hours drive from me but you also have a 3 hour ferry ride to get across the ditch.
    If you are coming let me know some details and we can show you around if you like. There's a bed here if you so desire.
    October 12th 13th 14th is the big swap meet in Christchurch and Sept 9th is the motorcycle only swap meet in Hamilton.
    Don't expect anything like Davenport but I think you would be surprised at how low some of the prices are compared to the USA.

agubitz,
    Sorry about getting off the subject here. Now back to cad plating.
    Regards, Tommo