Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Italian Bike owners alive out there?

I own 3 Guzzi's, but the oldest one is a 2000 V11 green/red Sport. The others are a #21 V7R and an 09 CalVin. Not quite there to qualify for AMCA membership, but time passes quickly.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mounce View Post
    I have 5 moto guzzi's best kept secret in motorcycles 1947 airone, 1952 astore, 2 1973 eldorado's,and a 1980 convert
    "Best kept secret in motorcycles," I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. The Moto Guzzi either speaks to the essence of who you are.... or doesn't.

been a motorcycle wrench most of my life spent the last 20 years in a harley-davidson dealership but the worst motorcycle you can imagine owning is better than not having any at all love all of them but moto guzzi is best especially 850 eldorado they're built like a tank properly maintained they will run forever

Quote Originally Posted by Mounce View Post
    been a motorcycle wrench most of my life spent the last 20 years in a harley-davidson dealership but the worst motorcycle you can imagine owning is better than not having any at all love all of them but moto guzzi is best especially 850 eldorado they're built like a tank properly maintained they will run forever
    yes, i've known of one guzzi with over 300k miles on the clock with minimal repairs. and several with over 200k miles.

I was introduced to Moto Guzzi's about 10 years ago when my youngest son Jake traded a bunch of old car junk for a pretty rough 1967 V700. The bike was stored in a back yard shed for a bunch of years and was a rusty mess. My biggest concern was the stuck motor. Anyhow Jake and I never really worked well together in the past but this project turned into a great father / son project. Once we got the motor free and removed the top end we found the bottom end to be in great shape. The only minor problem we had was when we removed the front engine cover all the timing gears came out as well. No problem right - just line up the timing marks or so I thought. There were no marks to be found anywhere so I had my very first adventure with a degree wheel. The bike is still going strong and looks great after all these years. FYI - most Guzzi people are aware of Greg Bender's web site "This Old Tractor" but if you're not be sure to check it out. We couldn't have completed the V700 without it.

I was so impressed with the quality of the construction of this machine as well as it's performance that I bought a 1976 850 T3 as well as a early 80"s V1000 Convert. That's a pretty radical departure for an American V-Twin kind of guy!

One other thing - a crusty old "Goose" owner was quite upset recently with how I was pronouncing "Guzzi" Apparently the two zz's mean it's supposed to be pronounced like the two zz"s in "Pizza". Who

heard it pronounced several ways don't matter they are still great bikes in any language i've owned about 25to 30 guzzi's over the years

I haven't posted because my V65Sp is two years away from being an antique. Here the bike and I are on an A.B.A.T.E. Easter Basket Run:
    George Tinkham
    Springfield, IL
    www.virmc.com

1941 Indian 841
    1948 Indian Chief
    1956 H-D KHK
    1960 CH
    1964 BMW R69S
    1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp