PDA

View Full Version : Royal Enfield

Steve Swan
06-13-2017, 12:50 AM
i got this beauty the other day, a 1967 Interceptor. imo, looks to die for; quintessentially British. Compared to the elegance of a Livery Black 1974 Norton Commando, the Interceptor is a beast.

i've never seen an Interceptor, except as pictured in Royal Enfield's cheesy little half-page b&w ads seen in various magazines in 1967, when i was 15. the first time i saw the Interceptor in these ads, i was smitten, never been able to get the bike out of my head since. i have thought about an Interceptor AT LEAST once or twice a year ever since i was 15......

Factory brochures stated, "Not everybody can have one. There aren't enough to go around. That's why the owner of a Royal Enfield has something special. Something the other fellow hasn't got."

koanes
06-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Good looking motorcycle. I too wanted one as a young-un, but a very uncommon machine in Western Wisconsin

exeric
06-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Beautiful bike, Steve. It's sad how long we have to wait for gratification:)

ryan
06-13-2017, 08:28 AM
I am usually pro American when it comes to bikes and cars, but this is a very good looking bike. I would be very proud to own this bike and I am very happy for you to finally fulfill your boy hood dreams especially with one in such great shape. Congratulations and happy, along with very safe riding!

TechNoir
06-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Wow Steve, thats an absolute beauty. Well done, you must be chuffed. (Chuffed is a British slang term meaning to be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself)

John

Steve Swan
06-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys for your kind words. Like with any motorcycle one has an attachment to, i've walked around the interceptor, looking at it for extended periods of time...... Where i grew up in rural NE Nebraska, i don't know where the nearest Royal Enfield dealer might have been in those days, perhaps Lincoln or Omaha. Wasn't outright thinking of purchasing one, but i know the the thought was in my subconscious. Coincidentally, i had just sold my 1969 CB750 rider and the Interceptor popped up on ebay 2 days later.
i couldn't resist. The Interceptor is the 1st restored bike i've ever purchased, so far it seems a good one. Yes John, i am chuffed !

Bill Pedalino
06-16-2017, 06:16 PM
I remember seeing new Royal Enfields on the showroom floor in Amityville, New York in about 1966 (I was 16). I was really taken by their beauty, and still am. AND....... the 1,2,3,4 selector pointer and numerals on the shifter cover was really neat!

That's a wonderful bike Steve - ride it in best of health!

Steve Swan
06-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks Bill !