View Full Version : International Title Service

Robert Luland
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Guys, avoid International Title Service at this point. Even thou these people have done great work for me in the past. Word on the street says that Mom and Pop handed the reins over to their kid and he's done nothing but rip people off. The Vegas BBB just cut them off for not responding to complaints. Bob L

T. Cotten
08-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Honest or not, using ANY title mill to register in Illinois will red-flag you to the point where the machine may never ever be title-able in that state ever again.

And quite possibly many other states as well, as it is considered mail fraud.


08-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I used their service. I thought I was getting a title. I got a registration. Completely worthless where I live.

08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Sounds like the usual thing, Mom & Pop build a good business and Jr. runs it into the ground. Are there any good title companies recommended?

T. Cotten
08-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Sounds like the usual thing, Mom & Pop build a good business and Jr. runs it into the ground. Are there any good title companies recommended?


You better ask your local DMV before you risk your legitimate VIN to blacklisting for an out-of-state attempt.

Why do you think SilentGreyfellow only received a registration?
(At least he can ride in Vegas!)

Title mills shall soon be extinct, and probably for the best.


08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
International Title often uses a Company in Maine, Freedom Motors, to issue a Maine bill of sale, technically not a title. Because of issues with stolen vehicles, a Maine bill of sale can raise a flag in NJ. A Motor Vehicle Investigator may want to see a complete motorcycle, not just the crankcase.

Buzz Kanter
08-11-2011, 08:42 PM
No title needed or given for a vehicle over ten years (I think) in Connecticut.

08-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Sounds like the usual thing, Mom & Pop build a good business and Jr. runs it into the ground. Are there any good title companies recommended?

I have titled many of my antiques in NY and now in Fl. what you have to do is go to the DMV and speak with a SUPERVISOR . ask "how do I title an antique?" they get the big book of statutes out and look. you can now do the same on line searching. In FL and NY, I only need a bill of sale and in FL a physical ID. Title companies do the same, they have no special rights and must abide by the statutes. that is why it goes in their name. Once I found the statute that defined the process, I now have it highlighted and bring it with me so they can see it. otherwise you start all over again every time. Most states SHOULD have a way to do it. if not, bring it to FL.Richard dixchief@gmail.com

08-21-2011, 06:27 PM
might want to watch this Lost Title - Scam - International Title Service http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-yYpWVKbQ

len dowe
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
The feds came onto everybody on the title scene. The best was broadway title. I got three titles from them with no problem 2 yrs ago. Now the feds shut everybody down for almost a yr trying to get thier grips on emissions and what is what..Broadway started up again but with new regulations. Wasn't like it was before and it's going to get worse. I have 2 wl motors i need titled and it looks like it's not going to happen. International is a scam, but try broadway,,,it's a pain and you have to go thru the hoops buts it's still possible for now.. but not for long. mark my words, they are jamming on this, yet homeland security is a priority????I guess thats why i keep losing jobs in the construction trade to illegals out bidding me...Guess if i get free health and food and housing and insurance, i could compete!!!

08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Are you implying that in florida all i need to title an antique bike is a bill of sale (presumably even a hand=written one from the original owner) and a driver's license or some other proof of identity??

Robert Luland
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Howdy! I'm glad this came up again. When I got my 22JD engine last year. After the rejoicing wore off, reality set in. How am I going to get title for this thing. I live in New Nazi Jersey. I called the DMV in Trenton and actually got a pleasant, in formable human being on the line (Get a hold of your self's. This can actually happen!). She sent me a info kit which showed up two days later (Now I'm even floored!). It basically contained the following forms.
1. Improper Evidence of ownership/Vehicle abandoned on private property.
2.Lien search
3. Buyer's declaration-Emergency application for vehicle title
4. Newspaper publication instructions
5. Notice of intent to obtain title due to improper evidence of ownership
6. Application for certificate of ownership
7. A bunch of other odds and end forms
If New Jersey has this of all states. I find it hard to believe that the other 49 don't. Make some phone calls. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Bob L

Chris Haynes
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I have never had a problem getting a title to a vehicle that was not stolen. Just bite the bullet and go to the DMV. Ask for an application for title. As long as the number is not on file, usually after seven or less years, you will have no problem. NEVER EVER TELL THE DMV YOUR MOTORCYCLE WAS BUILT FROM PARTS. It is just a vehicle that has been on your family land for years and you want a title to it. Another way is to conduct a lien sale for the vehicle. Either way they will want to verify the serial number.

08-07-2012, 06:59 AM
N.Y. is very easy. Everything goes thru special plate division and is as simple as pie. Pic of number or local police letter verification of number, insurance card, notarized statement of origin by yourself, money, and a week later a non-tranferable registration. Couple weeks later a transferable registration arrives which is as good as a title in all states. I have done this numerous times as recently as last year.

08-07-2012, 08:50 AM
D.A. Bagin, Thats good to know as I am in N.Y. What do mean by notarized statement of origin? No bill of sale needed? How do you prove purchase price for tax payment? Thanks for the info.

08-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Notorized statement of how bike was aquired and price if no bill of sale. Bill of sale certainly helps if you can get it notarized. I never paid more than 2500 for any old bike. ahem. They aren't really up on bikes as they are with cars. All the paperwork is availible online at NYDMV. Don't bother to go to local DMV other than to pay the tax and get a receipt. That you send to Albany with the other required paperwork. Getting the tax reciept will be the most difficult part as local DMV knows nothing and will give you a hard time guaranteed. You will need the statement to pay the tax. Keep a copy for yourself. The people in Albany are great to deal with after the hassle at the local DMV and easy to talk to. No waiting forever on hold. It is called the Special Plate division. Get historical ins. and historical plate and it will be easy as pie.

08-08-2012, 12:11 PM
D.A. Thanks for the info!

len dowe
08-08-2012, 11:32 PM
I heard that in Vermont all you have to do is call them up. They need the money and they're turning their heads. I just got one from Florida from a title company for 180.00. Broadway raised their prices thru the roof. I think to 5 or 600.00 now.

10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Ok i am some what confused.I have a halfway completed bike, what sould i do first try to get a title or finish it then apply for one?

10-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Ok i am some what confused.I have a halfway completed bike, what sould i do first try to get a title or finish it then apply for one?
In Kentucky it is suppose to be a complete bike prior to sheriff inspection. If you know a Sheriff and he knows your not a crook he might let you slide with a mocked up bike aslong as all major parts are there. I did this in Colorado a few years back. Chance you take waiting is the rules may change before you get it done if you take as long as me to finish things:)

10-31-2012, 07:22 AM
I just got a title on the WLA my kid just built (austins bobber build) notorized hand written bill of sale, sheriff inspection at my house free of charge. went to DMV and stood along wall and watched who was a bitc& and who was helpful and got in the helpful line. 5 minutes done. 2 weeks later title in mail. my wife tried day before and got in bitc& line and was turned around like she was a criminal. Chris Haynes is correct IT IS A COMPLETE BIKE, you didnt "build it" you painted it because it looked bad and you painted it the same color. Build, Swap Meet, custom, fabricated and at times restored are bad words to DMV folks.

10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
So it would help to know a sheriff i take it, which i do. Ok thanks i might try that.

10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
So it would help to know a sheriff i take it, which i do. Ok thanks i might try that.Only if bike is not complete and running, he might see there is a complete bike and fill out paperwork but it is still up to the nice lady at the DMV and where she sends paperwork to. Also you are in Ohio I am not I am just telling what my history has been.
Good luck!!

11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Good thread on this subject!

Chris Haynes
11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
When I need a title for any vehicle the service I use is myself. Go to DMV and have them run the number. If it comes back "Not on file" you have a free pass. Ask for an "Application for title". Do not ask for application for lost title. Fill it out. Bring the vehicle in for number verification. Pay some money than wait a couple weeks for the title to come in the mail. If the number is "Not on file" the only thing the DMV will know about the vehicle is what you tell them. NEVER TELL THEM THE VEHICLE WAS ASSEMBLED FROM PARTS. Tell them the vehicle has been on your family property for years. If an owners name turns up on the number search then your best bet is to run a Lien Sale. This way if the registered owner responds to the sale notice you can scare them away by telling them that they owe you $45.00 a day storage for the past number of years that you have been storing it. In some cases you may be referred to the Highway Patrol for number verification. Nothing to worry about here. Simply another step in the procedure.

11-04-2012, 02:24 PM
In N.Y. it is a "Transferable Registration". All you do is insure it as historical vehichle, download the proper forms from their website, take a picture of the vin and send it off to "Special Plates Division" in Albany. after paying the sales tax locally. They are vey nice there and even answer the phone. At worst you will get a Non-Transferable for a couple months and then Voila!! In the mail comes Transferable. When I had local police chief visually verify numbers on my four it came back transferable first shot. It is as good as a title in any state as they do not issue titles on pre 70s cars or bikes. The only thing you have to do locally is pay the sales tax on it. That will be the most difficult part as the local DMV people are real jerks. This must be done prior to mailing to Albany.

36 knuck man
11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I am in the same state as Bob and I have no trouble at all getting titles, of course it does help that the county Sheriff and I are good friends and my sister works for the DMV and cousin works for the State Police, Larry

02-02-2014, 01:58 PM
try Geographic Services in Dallas TX. Clean Texas titles. He has done such bikes as Ghezzi Brian, Mondial, New Blue and recently did "Old Bill"

02-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I believe their number is 214-727-0148