View Full Version : What's the difference?

02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Any one tell me what the differences are between H-D part#'s 33878-51 & 33879-36? Both are shifter rod end bolts. The -36 is used on the tank lever end. The -51 is used on the tranny end beginning in 51, and maybe both ends in the late 60's.

02-12-2010, 08:20 AM
I think the main difference is in the clearance cut (milled flat) that allows some space between the rod end and the shift lever on trans.